top of page
  • Writer's pictureAdam Clark

Handling Pet Dander.

You’re not alone if you own a pet, because you’re likely to encounter allergic visitors claiming to be allergic to pet hair. Unfortunately, no one actually is allergic to pet dander — no one. Dust, urine, saliva, and pet dander, in addition to pet hair, attract dust, urine, saliva, and dander, which is why people believe they are reacting to the hair. Storing dander in your house can help make your home more accessible and comfortable for visitors.

Handling Pet Dander

If you're a pet owner, you're no stranger to visitors alleging to be allergic to your pet's hair. Unfortunately for them, they're not really allergic to pet dander — no one is. Pet hair is merely a vehicle for other allergens, attracting dust, urine, saliva, and pet dander, which causes people to think they're reacting to the hair when they're really reacting to another allergen. It is possible to make your house more accessible and comfy for visitors by controlling pet dander in the home.

Dirt on Dander

Unfortunately, dander is a real problem for pet owners. Many types of pets, including mice, cats, and dogs, all release dander on a regular basis. Unless your trusted companion is a turtle, frog, or some other less-cuddly creature, you will find dander in your home.

You are cleaning up after your pet, but the pet dander is so tiny that it can stay in your dog's hair even after a minor breeze or disturbance. Allergens in dander do not lose potency for a long time, meaning that people can still get allergic reactions after their pet leaves their home or after cleaning. Dander can cling to furniture, clothes, walls, and other housekeeping objects. It can also be blown throughout your house's air ducts by your furnace or air conditioner in conjunction with its start-up.

Allergies are a type of hypersensitivity that affects the body's immune system. When someone has an allergy, their immune system overreacts to a particular substance (known as an allergen), causing the body to react as if it had been invaded by a foreign substance. The result is usually an allergic reaction, which can range from mild skin irritation to anaphylaxis, a life-threatening condition. An allergic reaction occurs when the immune system mistakenly attacks the body's own tissues, mistakenly mistaking them for a harmful invader. When an allergic reaction occurs, the body's immune system inflames and releases chemicals that can cause skin redness, itching, hives, swelling, and even death if not properly treated. Allergic reactions can occur anywhere on the body, but are most common on the skin, including the eyes and mouth.

While it is important to avoid allergenic substances, avoiding exposure to them does not fully protect a person from having an allergic reaction. Those who have an allergy should always carry medicine with them in case of an emergency. Allergens can be found in a wide variety of products, including food, medications, cosmetics, and household cleaning products. The most common allergenic foods are peanuts, fish, milk, eggs, shellfish, and tree nuts. Since reactions to allergenic foods and medications can be life-threatening, it is important to avoid exposure to them. Taking precautions such as washing hands, avoiding cross-contamination, and keeping medications in their original containers can help to prevent exposure to allergens. When it comes to allergies and the immune system, prevention is always the better option. A person with allergies should always be prepared to treat an allergic reaction, no matter where it occurs.

An allergic reaction can occur at any time, and it can be sudden and dangerous. It is important to always be prepared to treat an allergic reaction by carrying an epinephrine auto-injector with you at all Individuals with allergies may experience a wide range of symptoms, including watery eyes, runny noses, itching, and skin rashes, according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. When your immune system perceives a harmful substance as being present, it releases antibodies in reaction. The immune system produces antibodies in response to allergens that it thinks are harmful. A sensitive immune system is more susceptible to misidentifying harmless substances as harmful invaders.

Allergic reactions are common, however, some individuals who are repeatedly exposed to an allergen may develop long-term issues like asthma. While most people experience allergies only for a brief period of time after coming into contact with the allergen, some individuals who are exposed continuously over long periods of time may develop chronic issues related to their allergy, like asthma. If your home is irritated by pet dander or if you have regular visitors with health issues related to pet dander, you may be able to reduce their exposure and the consequences of contact with pet dander.

Reduce Animal Dander

There are those who swear by so-called hypoallergenic pets that have fur of various textures, shed less, or some other allergy-friendly quality. Even if you have a pet with skin and fur, dander will inevitably be released into your home. For example, you may attempt to reduce pet dander in your home by:

It is not possible to eliminate pet dander from your home entirely. However, following the advice listed above can help control the build-up of pet dander and any allergic symptoms. Discover more this spring about battling allergies.

Call Us Today To Get a Quote On Duct Cleaning Services


bottom of page